Sunday, February 13, 2011

Shades of Scott Pilgrim, perhaps?

I was in a place that looked like a weird cross between my living room here and my kitchen at home. I had to pack because my parents were picking me up for Spring Break. They were hoping that they could talk me out of visiting Reece. As I packed, I was listening to a radio show. The guy on the radio said that if you're having weird dreams you should either do something creative with them, or go see a psychologist.
I walked back to the apartment from there. I was with a group of people I knew but I didn't know. They were my classmates, I thought. The apartment was not down a hallway this time, it was through centennial park. It was the dark of night right now, though the moon was full. I looked at the sky and noticed that there was a bright moon right above the path, but also a rising moon off to the side. I remembered that we had 2 moons on this planet. As I was looking at them, a shadow passed across the larger one above me. It appeared again, for longer. It was a silhouette of a man playing a guitar. Then a shadow appeared on the other moon, a silhouette of someone playing drums. I turned around to my companions and asked if they'd seen that. They nodded yes, but didn't seem interested. I took out my camera, but then I heard Meredith say "You can't take pictures of the sky with that!" I put it away disappointedly. The rock band continued playing music from the moon, and it was "Knock on Wood" by the Mighty Mighty Bosstones.
I got to the apartment with Mer and Erin, who hadn't been there when I started walking, and I invited Adrienne over so we could watch a movie. I wanted to watch all 3 Toy Stories in a row, but instead we watched a movie that was directed by the guy on the radio, and apparently came out of a dream he'd had. It had Wallace from Scott Pilgrim in it. In the movie, the main character had gone on a quest to help some tribe of people, but inadvertantly stole their magical powers in order to do so. These people then called on some mystical creatures for help getting revenge on our hero. The mystical creatures, who I think were called Eroes or something like that (I remember remarking in the dream that it looked a lot like Oreos) taught the tribe how to turn into dragons. The chief then went with his whole group to destroy the protagonist.
The movie stopped there. I looked at my watch and realized I was 10 minutes late for German. I rushed to get to class, which was down a hallway, in a room that looked like it was used for a preschool. The furniture was small and plastic. Herr Rotter was giving an ungraded test meant to see what questions he could put on the midterm. I squeezed into one of the small chairs. Herr Rotter was reading the questions out loud and we were to answer on looseleaf. I didn't have any paper, so I started scribbling the answers on the plastic table. Then I remembered that I had half a sheet from a test I'd taken earlier, and I found that. The questions turned out to be based on the movie I'd watched. Questions like "What did (name of main character) steal from (name of group of people)?" and "Who did (name of group of people) go to for help?"

No comments: