Monday, May 23, 2011

Of course, murder is the only sensible way.

It was the last week of classes. Seacobeck was celebrating by serving food from Chipotle. I had to write a paper on how awesome this was or I'd fail all of my classes and face certain doom. But I had to work the day the paper was due. So the only solution, of course, was to poison a Chipotle burrito and give it to my professor. Meredith and Adrienne were all about helping me with this idea. I followed Meredith to the art building, where a few of her friends (who looked like my soon-to-be-coworkers) were working. She went off to hang with them. I asked where I could find some paint, because I wanted to put some in the burrito. They pointed me toward a shelf of acrylics but of course they were non-toxic. All I could find were some erasers. They looked enough like beans, and I figured that they'd probably at least choke somebody. Adrienne agreed and helped me unfold and repack the burrito. It looked smaller after we were done, not at all like a Chipotle burrito. I threw up my hands and declared the whole project a miserable failure. Erin appeared next to me, said something along the lines of "y'think?" and handed me a phone. I called my boss and told her about the scheduling conflict. She said something about how I didn't mention that I was still taking classes. I apologized profusely, and she changed the schedule so I didn't work during that class period.
I sat in Seacobeck with this sad-looking eraser burrito. I wanted to get a new one, but each student could only get one burrito, so I went hungry.

No comments: