Thursday, August 21, 2008

Homeless people and an ex-boyfriend!

Ok, Erin and I were in Central Park, the big shopping center in Fburg. We were shopping for our dorm room. But then the stores and parking lots turned into this alley of cardboard and chicken wire houses, with a bunch of homeless people in them. We went into one, the inside was much larger than the outside. We were in our dorm room, and my parents and grandmother were unpacking my stuff. They didn't pay any attention to me, it was like they were snubbing me. Also, my parents were arguing with each other while they were moving boxes and stuff around. I asked my grandmother what was up, and she said "We're too busy, we'll talk about it later." I left the room, confused. I met Erin outside. We went into another cardboard house, and it opened into a room with red wallpaper and carpet, with a big bed. It was like a hotel room. There was a guy sitting on the bed reading. He looked up at me and said "Get out of my house!" Apparently he was an ex boyfriend of mine, though I've never had a boyfriend before.
He reminded me of Mark.
I went back outside and met Andrew Ballard. Andrew and Erin declared that we needed to go to Walmart, so we began to trek across Central park to the Walmart. We got there and tried on some shoes, though I don't need any. While we were doing that, a very homeless-looking guy came and stole my Ugg sandals. I was sad, and after buying a T shirt from Walmart we went back to the cardboard huts and back to our dorm room. My parents had started moving in boxes of food, though I hadn't asked for any. Mom asked why my shoes were missing, and I told her they'd been stolen by a bum. Dad was cooking something, in the kitchen that was suddenly in our room. Actually, it had changed shape into something more like my grandmother's apartment, but we were still moving into my dorm room. Everyone was still bustling about, my sister had showed up, and so did Ex-who-looked-like-Mark. I was pushed out of the room by all of the busy people. The bum was there with my shoes, but he'd replaced the sheepskin lining with what looked like Barbie hair. I took them back into the room, and complained about them. My mom got angry at me for some reason and send something along the lines of "If you're going to make fun of the homeless, I'm going to kick you out and you can see for yourself what it's like!" So she did. I went back into the room where we'd found Ex-who-looked-like-Mark, but he snubbed me again, and laughed in my face because I was homeless now. So was he, I guess.

No comments: