Saturday, September 10, 2011

You can tell I went to sleep hungry.

It was the middle of the night, and I'd just come home from work starving. So I ordered Chinese. I was surprised Hunan Manor was open, but it was, and I ordered some dumplings. While waiting 15 minutes, I inquired to Madeline where Mom and Dad were. Madeline said they'd gone out to some restaurant in Baltimore. I was annoyed at this because I had a very important question that needed answering right away. I called both of their cell phones and found both of them in the house. I got in the car and drove all the way to the restaurant. I got something to eat, and while I ate I lectured Mom and Dad about not taking their cell phones anywhere. Halfway through the meal I realized that it had been more than 15 minutes. In my dream Hunan Manor delivers, so I rushed back home to meet the delivery man if he was indeed there. He'd already been there, Madeline had paid for my food. I told her that I'd pay her back when I got my paycheck, she said too bad and took money right out of my savings account. More than the amount needed to pay her back.

No comments: