Monday, June 21, 2010

A trippy dream while napping.

I took an afternoon nap from 1:00 to 3:00. I woke up around 2:25 and tried to force myself back awake, but I decided I could sleep the full two hours, because after all, Meredith wouldn't come back til 3 anyway. So I fell back asleep, like a log. I hadn't slept well the night before.
Then I had a funky dream. You can tell, because I'm here.
In my dream, I forced myself up, and walked groggily to the kitchen for something cold and caffeinated to wake me up. In the hallway, I began to fall asleep again, and fell to the floor. I couldn't get myself back up. I tried to move, and found it impossible. I thought it might be some kind of weird seizure.
But then I "woke up" again. Once again, I forced myself up, this time heading over to my computer. I stopped at the desk chair, and had to hold it to keep from falling to the floor again. Then suddenly I was standing next to my bed, looking at the space between my bedside table and my bed, wondering why it didn't look like the floor. It turned sideways, the room sort of melted and I realized I was still lying down on my bed, and the reason the floor hadn't looked like the floor was because I'd actually been awake for a while and was looking at the wall on the opposite side of the room. This revelation caused me to wake up for real, and get myself out of bed.

No comments: