Sunday, January 30, 2011

Influenced by my application to that RA position.

I was at a new eatery on campus with Mer. It was like a deli or something, bar chairs around a counter where you order. I sort of fazed out when looking at the menu, plus I didn't have my glasses so I couldn't read it anyway, so when the woman behind the counter asked me what I wanted I couldn't remember what I did want. This got the woman and Meredith annoyed, so I just said "pizza", the first thing I thought of that I figured Sodexho would have. The woman behind the counter looked at me like I was crazy, but she asked me if I wanted a personal pizza or just a slice. I said personal pizza, then turned to Meredith to ask if they even had that, because the woman was acting like this was the first time anyone had asked for it. They did.
We start walking back to the apartment, which involves walking up a lot of hills through grey cobblestone streets like Eltville, or Diagon Alley. The apartments are on a bright green hill at the other end of this town. They look more like motels than apartment buildings, but our apartment looks exactly the same. On the way there I run into some people from German class, and a bunch of other people. They say that there are new people in the German department and there's going to be a big party tomorrow. I promise to attend.
The next day I find out that the big party is in our apartment. I find this out when I leave my room to use the restroom and notice that my entire German class is in my living room waiting for me. I ask how they got in, apparently the door was unlocked. I think most of the discussion was about how easy the German work has been, and jokes about Herr Rotter.

No comments: