Saturday, April 9, 2011

Whenever Eltville is in my dream, I want to go get ice cream.

Our apartment had become infested by tiny living artist models, the poseable wooden guys. We were trying to gather them up and toss them into the dumpster, but they kept fighting back. I put them in a box, put that box inside another box, put that box inside a box with a heavy lid, took that box to the dumpster and shut the door. These little guys were like the toys from Toy Story though, and kept getting out. I was a little disturbed by the fact that I was comparing them to the Toy Story characters (even in the dream) and still bent on their destruction, but what was I supposed to do? They were kind of creepy.
Then I was walking through Eltville ( or an old town that was understood to be Eltville) with Adrienne, Mer, Erin, and Matt. The buildings were taller than they should have been, but I think that's because when I was last there I was much smaller than I am now, and the buildings were indeed taller. We walked past a graffitied wall, and I said we were near the Fussgangerzone and should go over there to get ice cream. Sometime around there, my friends vanished and a person I didn't know turned to me and said "But what will we do about the language barrier?"
I was wandering about this strange-but-not-strange city with this red-haired person I didn't know. I noticed that the sentence "what will we do about the language barrier" was scattered about the city in a Bad Wolf sort of way. We got to a large green area between two streets with a statue at one end, sort of like that place behind Kenmore Park in Fredericksburg. The actors who play the Weasley twins were there, playing something that looked like Bocce Ball. I went through a secret door in the statue and found myself in my room. It wasn't really my room. It was dark, lit by a single lamp on a desk. It crowded with a lot of useless things, but unlike my room it was underground. There were bunk beds. My computer was on a desk underneath one of the bunks. I got on my computer, logged onto AIM, and all of my friends had IM'd me with "what will we do about the language barrier?" I was quite weirded out.
Then I woke up.

No comments: