Sunday, May 3, 2009

Space drugs. I'm pretty sure Dollhouse had something to do with us.

I was in Seacobeck, Stephen Colbert was running around and interviewing people about this new program for launching dead people into space. It was a big controversial thing. But since it was the only way to space travel, whole agencies had popped up (secret agencies, obviously) that would give you drugs to knock you out and make you seem dead, then you would get launched into space and you would wake up in time to see space and then make it down to earth. We thought that was really cool, so we went for it. While my father paid the people, my sister, mother and I went into this room. There was a square table in the middle of the room, and on the table were piles of clothes. Each had a label with a person's name on it, and under the first layer of clothing were some syringes, containing special drugs that were formulated based on the individual's medical history. I walked around the table and couldn't find my name, and started yelling at people. After my mother went to ask the people, I looked underneath my sister's clothing and found mine. This still pissed me off, but my sister was already rather pissed. "How do you know I haven't switched the drugs out?" she said before launching into a diatribe about what the drugs actually do and how this is going to be so cool.
We put on our clothes and stepped outside, where people were boarding a boat. The boat went across some water to an island, on which there was a rocket. I was wondering how we were going to board the boat, when we were supposed to be dead. A few coffins were people loaded onto the boat, all followed by people in black clothing, obviously a funeral party. We were directed to our right, where we would take our drugs and put ourselves to sleep, be loaded into the coffins and carried onto the boat, then onto the rocket.
My sister asked how we'd manage to do this without onlookers. I asked how we were going to redirect the rocket back to Earth, if the whole point of launching a body into space was to conserve ground space normally spent burrying them. Everyone around me looked rather worried at that question, the undertakers grinned rather suspiciously, and I woke up.

No comments: